Sponsoring the Theatre Royal
Since the restoration of the Theatre Royal going to the theatre has never been more popular; entertaining and inspiring audiences all over Nelson and our region.
Now you have the opportunity to be involved with the Theatre Royal, the oldest wooden theatre in the Southern Hemisphere.
Direct local sponsorship is one of the most powerful ways to reach your customers. As a corporate partner of the arts we provide exposure to thousands of potential customers, with direct access to a vast target audience; families, young, mature, traditional, business to business and many more.
Partnering with us provides you with an easy way to market your business. What better way to demonstrate your strong community support?
All our sponsorship packages offer excellent value for money and provide a wonderful opportunity for you to make a difference.
If you’d like a mountain of ideas on how to leverage or get the most from your promotional and sponsorship budgets, please get in touch.
Join the Royal Family – go on, we’re a friendly bunch!
It’s one way you can get even closer to the Theatre Royal and make a very real contribution. As you’d expect, members of the Royal Family receive some great benefits:
- Be in the know – regular Royal Family e-newsletters on upcoming shows and the chance to book shows ahead of the general public for upcoming shows
- Reduced ticket prices (subject to availability). Bookings can be made at the theatre via phone, online, email or in person
- Special Royal Family offers – discounts from Nelson businesses. Some of the Nelson establishments offering 10% discounts when you present your valid Royal Family Member card are Shine, Just Costumes, Bin Inn, Urban Eatery Restaurant (discount on dinners), Te Mania and Richmond Plains Wines (3 free tastings and 10% off wine purchases excl specials), La Capilla (Free coffee with a meal)
- Invitations to exclusive Royal Family events with the chance to meet the cast
- Help out – our Royal Family members can join our ushers & programme sellers’ roster and have the opportunity to see the show (and look after our audiences) in return for carrying out these royal roles at our shows.
How do I join?
Easy, you can now do it all online here
Or you can visit us at the theatre and do it in person. For more information you can email us and we can forward on the membership form or download the form here.
If you are renewing your membership there is no need to fill out our membership form.
Young Royal’s membership (available for young people 14 years plus) $20
Single Royal Family membership $35
Double Royal Family membership $50* *Double Royal Family members must reside at a single mailing address
Seat Sponsors are entitled to a complimentary double Royal Family membership for 5 years (ends May 2015).
Make a donation
A tax-deductible donation to the Theatre Royal will keep our ‘Grand Dame’ looking gorgeous for years to come
How you can help
A donation to The Nelson Historic Theatre Trust will ensure our beautifully restored theatre remains just that – simply beautiful! Your donation will also support performances, programmes and the development of the theatre for our astonishing creative community and the next generation of artists! Your donation may also support many different elements – from play readings to productions.
Donations of $100 or more are acknowledged on our website. Regardless of the amount, your support will truly make a difference!
Make a Bequest
You don’t have to be famous, gifted or even very rich to benefit your favourite arts organisation, in a lasting way.
If the Theatre Royal Nelson has made a difference to your life, you may wish to leave a bequest and ensure that generations of Nelsonians to come have the opportunity to benefit from personal and community enrichment through participation in the arts.
Your charitable bequest to the Theatre Royal would make a very real difference, whether the gift is a sum of money or a specific amount of stock.The size of your legacy doesn’t matter; any amount large or small will make an enormous difference to our regional arts communities who may not otherwise benefit from exposure to arts and culture.
By naming the Theatre Royal Nelson as a beneficiary in your will you are expressing your passion for the arts in Nelson and the commitment we share to the cause of arts access for all.
If you would like to leave a bequest to us, please contact our manager.